Our Streamer Shield is designed to be placed on insulator strings to protect the insulators from being contaminated with fecal matter. This is common when birds roost on structures above the insulators and defecate (stream) on to the insulators. Once an insulator is contaminated with droppings, the chances of a flash-over are greatly increased.
- Extended service life made of a custom HDPE polymer.
- UV Weather Resistant Nylon Bolts and Locknuts
- Secure even in high winds (>90 mph) for sustained periods
- Different sizes for porcelain and polymer insulators. Specify insulator neck size when ordering.
- Adjustable sleeve for variable spacing between insulators
- Light weight and sleek design for ease of application, yet designed and proven to withstand the worst weather conditions.
Streamer Shield 18.5″ (470 mm) in diameter for polymer insulator strings
Streamer Shield 18.5″ (470 mm) in diameter for porcelain insulator strings
Streamer Shield 23.5″ (597 mm) in diameter for polymer insulator strings
Streamer Shield 23.5″ (597 mm) in diameter for porcelain insulator strings
Custom diameters can be built for little or no extra charge. Please contact your local rep for details.