The side tie version of our double insulator cap and conductor cover is designed to cover double cross-arm applications on non- tangent applications where a direction change is required. The product is designed to accommodate up to a 45 degree conductor direction change.
- Side-Tie (non tangent) double insulator for line direction changes of 0 to -45 degrees.
- Extended service life made of UV resistant RPVC
- Easily applied manually or with a Universal Hot-stick
- Secure even in high winds (>85 mph) for sustained periods
- Covers only the energized portion of insulators, allowing the insulator skirts to naturally clean, (as they are designed to do), and for the insulators to be easily viewed during line inspection.
- Fits conductor sizes #6 through 795 mcm
- Adjustable sleeve for variable spacing between insulators
- 35 kV system insulation protection
- RUS Accepted
- Fits standard clamp top, C, F, J, K neck insulators (55-2, 55-3, 55-4, 55-5, 55-6, 55-7, 56-1, 56-2, 56-3), and trunnion mount.
- 80” of coverage (>60” recommended)
- Pat. 7,884,285
Double Side Tie Insulator Caps (for C and F neck insulators) with 36″ rigid conductor covers
Double Side Tie Insulator Caps (for C and F neck insulators) with 18″ rigid conductor covers for 42″ total coverage
Double Side Tie Insulator Caps (for C and F neck insulators) with large 36″ rigid conductor covers (up to 795 mcm)
Double Side Tie Insulator Caps (for J and K neck insulators) with 36″ rigid conductor covers
Double Side Tie Insulator Caps (for J and K insulators) with large diameter rigid conductor covers (up to 795 mcm)
Conductor Cover Hotstick Application Tool